For Current Volunteer Openings, contact us at (540)551-3232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Habitat for Humanity of Warren County is built on volunteers, like you! Through time and talents of volunteers whole neighborhoods improve and completely transform. Through this transformation, families achieve the strength, stability, and independence they need to build a better life.
Volunteers are needed for many different types of positions including construction, professional skills (architect, graphic designer, photographer, accounting, attorney), and more. Do you have other professional skills to contribute? Can you provide lunches or baked goods for volunteers on a construction site? You might fit a key volunteer position! Please fill out the form below and let us know how you would like to contribute!
Ready to find out more?
Have you every thought about volunteering with Warren County Habitat for Humanity? Attend a volunteer information session to learn about the various opportunities, requirements to volunteer, volunteer responsibilities, and safety measures. Ssessions are currently being held online via Zoom on the last Tuesday of each at 6:30 p.m. and the last Saturday of each month at 10:00 a.m. Send an e-mail to email@example.com to receive the Zoom meeting link.
Help Us Grow Our Outreach and Our Impact!
Become a Committee Member
Warren County Habitat for Humanity has Committee positions open now. Please see the list of Committees below. If you are interested in applying to join a committee, please contact our Executive Director at (540)551-3232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Resource Development Committee - responsible for coordinating the raising of funds. Tasks to be coordinated by this committee include fundraising activities, grant proposal writing, special fundraising events, and cultivation of major donors.WCHFH Resource Development Committee Member Job Description
- Construction Committee - responsible for planning and implementing WCHFH construction projects. Tasks include obtaining house plans, soliciting professional help and donations of building materials, coordinating volunteers, and supervising construction.WCHFH Construction Committee Member Job Description
- Site Selection Committee - responsible for targeting areas of the community in which projects might be developed, investigating and researching availability of property, and recommending property to the board for acquisition.WCHFH Site Selection Committee Member Job Description
- Family Support Committee - works with current and prospective homeowners/clients to provide a mutual support system, educational opportunities, and a forum for discussions pertaining to home ownership and maintenance, all for the purpose of helping families break the poverty cycle and become independent.
- Family Selection Committee - responsible for drafting the selection criteria and application forms, screening applicants, interviewing applicants, and recommending applicants to the board that are primed to receive the maximum benefits the program has to offer.
- Public Relations Committee - responsible for educating and informing the public about the mission and purpose of WCHFH and the need for better and more affordable housing.WCHFH Marketing and Public Relations Committee Member Job Description
- Volunteer Management and Recognition Committee - responsible for recruiting qualified volunteers. Works closely with the Construction Committee and other committees, as needed, to ensure the needs of current projects are met. Assists in the education and delivering the expectations of volunteers.
- Faith Relations Committee engage churches and other faith communities for volunteer and financial support of our mission of serving low-income families through affordable homeownership. WCHFH Faith Relations Committee Member Job Description
- Home Repair Committee works with home owners applying for repair assistance, contractors, and volunteers to complete identified critical, weatherization, and accessibility repairs to keep low income home owners safely in their homes.
Most committees meet at least one time each month.
The Board of Directors is responsible for establishing the organizational objectives and policies and ensuring prudent use of resources that WCHFH fulfills its mission to support affordable homeownership for low income families in Warren County, Virginia.
We currently have open seats on our Board of Directors. If you are interested in serving in this capacity, view the WCHFH Board Member Job Description and contact our Executive Director at (540)551-3232 or email@example.com for more information.
See our current volunteer opportunities by clicking here. All volunteers are required to complete an application and liability/waiver form. Key volunteers are required to complete a background check (this will be listed in the volunteer opportunity description).
Or you can tell us a little about you in this contact form and we will be in touch shortly!